Sunday, August 28, 2011

Things I've been doing this summer-the toy box!

I've become a blog stalker! My kids tease me about it but it is fun, and they want me to do it as they get revenue from my clicking on their sites. Anyway I've learned so much from my reading online about furniture refinishing and I've wanted to try my hand at it. This toy box I purchased many years ago for $2.00 at a garage sale. Funny how I remember the price I paid. Anyway it has spent about 18 years in the closet full of toys, would get the occasional clean out, and when we put a new bed in Nolan's room, I decided I would spruce it up too.



We cleaned it out, and washed it down. It is a heavy piece that someone built for their kids, and it had paneling for sliding doors.


I gave the doors some coats of chalk board paint that I bought at Ace because they had it in a spray and Lowes only had a gallon in a paint on kind.




Then we gave the box a couple coats of Rustoleum bright red spray paint. Now it looks much nicer in his room than the old tan, don't you think? And it is once again FULL of toys.





No comments:

Post a Comment