Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Trash to Treasure

For a long time I have been wanting a kitchen island. I looked up how to build one, online, we had been pricing cabinets, looking for used cabinets and never had gotten around to building it. Well one day, I was at my favorite thrift store and lo and behold there it was. A kitchen island just sitting there waiting for me. It was a little wobbly and needs a paint job. The price was right at only $14.99. I grabbed it and brought it home. Jan helped me reinforce the base and add some casters. He also added some trim to hide the reinforced base. I need to paint it. It is great. I have all my kitchen ware that was housed in the garage in it, the knives in the drawer and my pretty le cruset dutch oven on the shelf. It has towel racks and also butcher block top. It is just the right size. Good things come to those who wait.
Thanks Honey for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment